Do you think our anger comes down to this?

KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OUR MONEY, OUR BODIES, OUR CHILDREN, OUR PROPERTIES, OUR DECISIONS, OUR LIVES.

No more of *THIS* type of Democracy. This isn't just about Obama. This is about our government in general. I am really sick of them taking over our lives!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• They are creating monoplies with bail outs, they are trying to control our health care options, they are trying to find ways to get more money from us. I am tired of feeling like my vote doesn't really count. It is all up to the electorial college and I think that is wrong. I honestly feel that it should be popular vote gets you in as president because that is what majority of the poeple in the country want. And the fact that they DON"T have to vote for the same person as the majority from the state did!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• it all comes down to control.

the govt cant blow its own nose, how can we expect it to control anything?

and the oo la la corruption is just plain SICKENING too

talk about desperate----illegal 13 y/o minors---where the hell is his brain? does he have one?
    chickaboom73

Answer by chickaboom73 at 11:57 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Amen, fellow anonymous sister in liberty!

If people understood Libertarianism, perhaps we wouldn't be stuck having to choose which Democrats/Republicans get to run the show. Other than a few minor policy differences that people love to waste time squabbling about, they really are all the same.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• LOL Well no one has touched my children, my body, or my property. I still pay the same amount of taxes I did before...so no one has touched my money

Our decisions, our lives? Those two don't really make sense. In what other way has Obama "touched" your lives? I'd say if that's the logic behind your anger, its fatally flawed.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 11:58 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• ok so it was a good thing when they tried to gut the constitution with that misnamed- PATROIT act? talk about stomping on the rights of the American people. And that was done by a President who only his first election cuz his brother helped him with a rigged election in the state he was Gov of at the time.

As for taking away our health care options- what is the option now if you are self-employed contractor who doesn't make enough to afford private ins?

mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 11:59 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yes, and this just started happening in January of 2009, under the Obama team? How old are you? Did you just wake up from a coma and realize that our country is a giant business whose only ability to generate income is on the backs of its citizens? How is Obama telling YOU what to do with your children and enforcing/regulating such?

How is your life so vastly different now as compared to last Fall? My 401 Ks look better...

Time to move to that Island, eat coconuts and place your toes in the sand....

Sorry, I've been around a long time. I do not blink or easily scare-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." --JW Goethe

SRiveroC, if you don't get it by now, I really don't know of anything that can help you understand. And, as OP said, it's NOT about Obama, so don't try to make it about him. He's simply upholding the status quo, like Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Carter, etc........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Mama- don't waste your time. Many here do not understand that our current HCS is horribly broken and not viable over the long haul. Do some research and look at the #s . Much of our current job shortage is tied to hc costs. I guess many can not comprehend that REFORM must happen or risk NO ONE having coverage or a family sustaining job.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:06 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Wow, there are a LOT of ignorant people. And all of them are defending Obama, when the OP clearly says this is NOT only about him! Go figure!

oh, and MamaK--you DO realize that Obama expanded that "Patriot" Act, don't you? Obama is just as WRONG for keeping it as Bush was for starting it.

Don't you people see that Bush and Obama are ON THE SAME TEAM????

Sometimes I truly think that this country is doomed....It absolutely breaks my heart. You are all like a bunch of lemmings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i agree with the OP that the gov (not just under obama) is getting its hands too far into the every day citizens lives. the gov was designed to PROTECT the citizens. It was meant to have a military to defend the NATION. it was up to the states and local towns and cities to supply laws and the police and such. that is why laws are different from state to state. but the Gov. is our country was not founded as a libertarian country. our governement was set up as a Repbulic!
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 10, 2009