I have a terminal illness and I'm getting worried, can you give me some advice?

I have had a very serious illness for about 20 years. I thought I came to terms with it a long time ago but obviously I haven't. I have handled my illness well but recently my doctor told me it was time for me to go on medication. The medication will keep me alive but have nasty side effects. I am a parent of 5 and am afraid that taking the meds will affect my energy level and parenting. If my body is really winding down, should I just let it, and go gracefully...or prolong the inevitable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• follow your docs orders.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i'd rather be sick and with my kids than not with them at all.... idk what to tell you, what do you have?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Well that is a hard question to answer. A lot of it depends on the ages of your kids. Are they grown or young? If they are still school aged I would say it's better have their mother around, even if she's tired than not there. I would say sit down with your family (if your kids are old enough) and discuss all your options before making any decisions.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 11:44 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Have a family discussion about it. It affects them so they should have a say in the decision.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:49 AM on Sep. 10, 2009