I'm 9 weeks pregnant is this normal?

I am 9 weeks pregnant and i have alot of clear discharge and today it had some blood in it. Is this normal?

FOXXYROXXY

Asked by FOXXYROXXY at 11:43 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• how much blood. like a period or like spotting?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:08 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• The clear discharge is normal--I'm 14 weeks and feel like Niagra falls sometimes!

The blood, however, isn't. Is it bright red, or just brown/pink? When I was ten weeks I had some spotting due to subchorionic bleeding, which freaked me out but turned out to be fine. I would call your doc.
    aniyabel

Answer by aniyabel at 12:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Depends on how much blood and for how long. If it only lasts for 24 hours or less than most likely you are fine if it is light. If it is any heavier or has not stopped then you need to be seen asap. 50% of pregnancies who have spotting in the first trimester end in miscarriage. So they can do an ultrasound to make sure the baby is ok. This early is tough since you probably have not heard the heartbeat yet, trust me I know! Good luck :)
    LucidRuth

Answer by LucidRuth at 12:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2009