making a dvd with pictures and music

My hubbys birthday is Nov. 6th and I want to take all his pictures of his mom and baby pictures and put them on a dvd with music in the background (his mom passed away 6 years ago) 2 months before our wedding. I think he would like that, but I do not know how to do it. Can you go online to do it or do you have to take them someplace? I do have a burner on my computer but I am lost on how to do it and I don't want him to know I am doing it. Also do you think I should just put his childhood pictures too when he was a baby or just the ones with her in it? And should I put our kids pictures in there too or again just his pictures? Please let me know I am lost never done this before.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 11:45 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Do you have Windows Movie Maker on your computer? If So, its very simple to use.

bring up the program and under file, select: "new project". Then, along the left it will say "Tasks" Look down to Import and click "pictures". Add whatever pictures you want. They will show up on the screen once you import them, and down at the bottom of the screen you will see the timeline. Drag the pictures down into the timeline in whatever order you wish. You can adjust how long each picture is shown but I think the default is 5 seconds with is a decent amount of time. Now.. decide if you want transitions. To do that, under edit, click "transitions". Now, once you have added all your pics/transitions.. under Import, click "Audio or Music". Then you can add any music you have downloaded onto your PC.

You can add titles and credits and effects.. its really just fun to mess around with! It will be a learning curve but its worth it.
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 7:15 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• PS, if you have it you will find it under the start menu... go to start, all programs. You can search for it too. I think its standard on all Windows systems. You can burn it to CD right there with that program. Its a really nice basic program. If you need more help, feel free to message me! I've used it a few times to make a wedding video and a few videos of the kids as Christmas gifts.
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 7:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2009