i'll ask again, maybe i'll get some different answers lol

My pastor's wife keeps the infants during Sunday school & I just don't feel comfortable with her keeping my son while I go to my class. (I know it's only for an hour but alot can happen in an hour.) I took him with me to my class last week but it was a huge distaction for other people so I want him to be in his own room. Anyways, the pastor's wife is my brother's mother in law & by the way he talks she is incapable of taking care of her own grandchildren (his kids) so...I'd rather that one of the ladies that helps with my daughter's preschool class keep my baby too. Do you think it would be rude to ask the other lady, not the pastor's wife, to watch my baby too. How should I go about asking without being rude?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I feel for you. My son is 9 months old and has never been in the nursery. They ask me why I don't use the nursey and I've told them that I'm not comfortable leaving my child with someone. They accept that.

For your situation, I would ask the other woman watch her and then explain to everyone else that babies need more attention than other kids do and that it's safer if there's individualized attention for each baby rather than stressing out ONE person who is watching all of the kids. Tell them that's your preference. Then I would privately tell the woman you choose to watch your baby that you're not comfortable with anyone else watching your baby or holding your baby without your permission and to please keep that in mind when caring for your baby.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:07 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• oops didn't mean to be anon
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:49 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• At our church there are always helpers.your child will not be alone. I think if she didn't care for kids she won't volunteer in that ministry. Idk sister good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i think she's in there b/c all of her grandkids are in that class but one... i still don't trust her
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I'm pretty sure no matter how you go about this her feelings will be hurt, but if you really don't feel comfortable you have to do something. Since it is your brother's MIL, I'd ask your brother for his advice - maybe he knows a nice way to handle this that won't hurt her feelings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Perhaps you can invite her over for a nice home-like at home dinner and have her just come over and get acquainted to ease the actual hate you dwell inside since the only opinion of her you have is from your husband who is related to her, and that some men are only in life to split ties in families to further isolate the people that they want to control, please............don't take his only word as the only word of her, get more opinions and try to be civil about this it seems as though you are just thinking through the one way street of the man who sounds to me to be very controlling. Good luck but nobody is answering with other answers, and I am waiting to see some too, it's just that in this society when their are relatives you aren't being objective about the opinions of her, it's limited.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• no, it's not from my dh it's from my brother, who i know is a good person & wouldn't lie about anything at all, i don't hate her i just don't feel like she's the best one to be taking care of my child
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Have you talked to other Moms? Ask them what they think of her, before you voice your opinion. If they have the same concerns then in a gentle way tell her that you think it's unfair for just her to watch the infants alone, and each of you take turns helping her.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 12:14 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• All you need to do is walk up to your DD's preschool teachers and let them know that you aren't comfortable having your two children in separate rooms. I'm sure they will be more than happy to accommodate you.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

it's just her grandchildren in there so yeah my sister in law wants her mom keeping her kids, i don't trust her to keep mine b/c of the stuff i listed that my brother tells me about her (he's not "out to get her" he just told me these things to vent i guess)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2009