8 months with no appetite

My step daughter is 8 months pregnant...no real appetite through out, gained only 11lbs so far and suffers major morning sickness. She is 5'7" and weighs about 115lbs...she looks sickly and skinny. She sees a nutritionist...is this normal to not have an appetite at this stage? We're trying everything to help her.

NJMom2Tyler

Asked by NJMom2Tyler at 11:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-15 Credits)
  • i went through that at the end of my pregnancy. i weighed about 125-130 and i am 5'4. the dr said that the baby was taking up so much room, i didnt have space for food lol. maybe thats whats wrong with her
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Buy her protein bars. She'll gain weight.
    busymom1107

Answer by busymom1107 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• also tell her to eat several small meals. instead of 3 meals a day with snacks have her eat 5 small meals a day....i hope that makes sense lol peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with a glass of milk in the middle of the night will also help her gain weight...trust me :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I haven't had much of an appetite lately (I'm 39 weeks). I think part of it is the weather, part of it is that I've been nauseated again like at the beginning.

If her doctor isn't worried, you shouldn't be either.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 12:09 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• No..her doctor is worried, which is why he has her seeing a nutritionist. And the appetite thing didn't just start...its been going on throughout her pregnancy. I am 39 weeks too with no more room for food. I'm just curious if anyone else have been through this and looking for some advice.

I will tell her about the peanut butter and jelly and milk! That sounds good! She drinks ensures but I'll tell her about the protein bars too.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 12:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2009