did you have a restaurant or store go out of business in your area that you miss?

today im craving chicken gizzards and the only place that made the best gizzards closed about a year ago...=( it was called artic circle, they also had the best shakes around and had that older 50's diner feel to it. i miss it soo much

bonnie-jo

Asked by bonnie-jo at 11:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Actually there was a Mexican place near my moms house that my husband and I went to often when I was pregnant with my first.  Over the years we'd stop there on rare occasions, well the last time we were there was well over two years ago and this last weekend we so wanted to go so we drove an hour out of our way there.  When we arrived all excited for authentic Mexican we were sorely disappointed by their empty store with 'Out Of Business' sign dangling off a window,... so sad.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 5:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• there was this really small place called the dairy dip, i used to go there as a kid and get the best cheese fries and vanilla cone!
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:56 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Taco Bell in my town closed down. That is just sad. I miss Taco Bell

Answer by admckenzie at 1:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yep...we had our only 'hardware store' go under this year. I miss them...the owner helped me SO MUCH when I had to fix something by myself (like my dryer).   We also had 2 restaurants open up only to close less than 6mos later.  One was the only Italian restaurant in town....now we have 5 Mexican food restaurants and nothing else except Sonic and Dairy Queen.  Bummer.

KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 1:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• We used to have a tea room in my hometown that had the best sandwiches, spiced tea, and fruit salad dressing I've ever had. It went out of business several years ago, and I still crave their food.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• We've had several places close down around town, but none that I went to.

Chicken gizzards, huh? We used to eat chicken hearts and tripe growing up. I don't know if I could eat the gizzards, though. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:31 PM on Sep. 10, 2009