hair falling out after delivery?

has this happened to anyone? my mom said after she had me her hair started falling out.. not in like massive amounts.. just more than normal. i have been noticing this lately.. like when i wash my hair, or brush it. just curious if my mom and i are strange..lol

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 12:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• im the same im 9 month post and i still shed like no tomorrow you can't tell on my head just a lot more when i brush or shower
    Lovebeingmomto1

Answer by Lovebeingmomto1 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Totally normal. You lose no hair at all when you are pg (that's why pg women look like they have great hair) so whenyou give birth all the hair that was supposed to have fallen out when you were pg starts falling out all at once. I have no idea why it happens that way but it does.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 12:04 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• sooo here's the deal i read bc it worried me too. when your preggo you actually dont shed like normal. your body is using the vitamins and stuff to go to baby and the rest of your body so the shedding slows down. after delivery, your body goes back to normal. so it looks like a whole lot bc for about 9 months you had almost no shedding and then bam all the sudden its back in full force. its a hormonal thing.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 12:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• It's happened to me with my first and is happening again right now. When I'm in the shower it actually clogs the drain. Thank goodness there is a grate over the thing!
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• my hair is still doing it and my daughter is 9 months old now! =/
    sarahbumblebee

Answer by sarahbumblebee at 1:33 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• With my first my hair started thinning on the sides and didn't go back to normal until my daughter was about a year. It was awful! I just had another baby and I am so worried that it will happen again.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 4:08 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• It's normal, but it can also be liked to Hyperthyroidism. It happened to me after we had our Daughter, I got diagnosed. I would have handfuls of hair fall out for months. My hair is just now coming back!
    marcnsarah

Answer by marcnsarah at 11:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2009