Have you ever done some things in your daily life and don't feel comfortable telling your husband?How many of you feel this way?

I thought with being married you would tell your husband everything and he would try to support you-like being a best friend!Boy was I wrong-I support my husband with whatever he does-he had an invention idea and we put 12,000 dollars into it which it never panned out but I supported it and thought it was a good idea. I recently wanted to start making crafts and he has not been supportive and everytime I bring it up he acts uninterested so I started making stuff and haven't even told him. I shouldn't do this but I know he is not going to support me so Im doing it on my own. I don't vent to him about family issues because he calls me judgemental so I quit talking to him about family stuff. I am just venting!I have pretty much gone into my turtle shell and now I just listen to him vent about people and keep my problems to myself. I love making crafts and it felt good yesterday doing something I like to do-he does what he wants

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Sounds very familiar.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Men only want to hear you venting if you present a problem for them to fix. If you aren't going to do that, go vent to your girlfriends
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• No, even if he wasn't "supportive" or "interested" in what I was doing, I would still tell him.

And as far as venting to him, you need to explain that you don't want him to fix the problem (which is the natural instict of a man), but that you just want him to listen and be supportive. Believe it or not, once they understand that, they will actually just listen and be supportive.

It's also very possible that your husband does not know what you want from him. Because our expectations aren't being met, we assume that they don't care or don't support us. Sometimes we have to TELL them how to react to us.

Remember, men think completely differently than we do. He might have good intentions and just not understand why it's not making you happy.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:54 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• well, it seems that way in my relationship also - I am always 100% behind my husband but he tends to not be as supportive when I need him to be - I learned to rely on my family for certain area's adn friends for others and for him in area's I know he's good with. I think we have a fairy tale dream that ALL marriages and ALL husbands will be supportive -but I know it sounds like you need to speak up for yourself and tell him exactly how you feel but if he's anything like my husband, its more work than its worth!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:57 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I don't tell my husband lots of things. Like my horrible purging habit. And my cheating ways. Enough reason to keep things from him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2009