How can I get my butt and legs into shape with no weights or access to a gym?

I walk plenty but they just don't want to shape up! Ugh. I eat well and drink plenty of fluids but it just dont seem to want to help much!

alexa_n_mommy

Asked by alexa_n_mommy at 12:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• walking. Look online for some strengthening exercises for your lower half. Squats work, those sorts of things.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• squats, kicks, walking, running in place, leg lifts
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:29 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Keep walking, uphill is good for your butt... and do squats and leg lifts. Hold weights while you do squats, if you don't have weights, use anything around the house =) I took 10 weeks of pilates this summer and there were some great leg lift series, loved it...I bet you could find examples of how to online.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• all I can say is do at least twenty squats a day...ten in the morning ten at night and it will help...after awhile it will have less effect because your body will get to used to the weight and will need something stronger so if you have an infant add him/her to the squats (hold him/her while squatting) other than that I don't think I have any advice for you.
    jessiesosore

Answer by jessiesosore at 1:12 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Squats and leg lifts! Go get you a kick boxing workout video!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• To tone outer thighs and quads: get on hands and knees (like a dog). Do 3 sets of 10/leg/exercize1.Keep leg in same position, but lift to the side, like a dog relieving himself. 2. Keep leg in same position, but lift behind you (leg should curl back) 3. Stretch leg out and lift from floor to straight out behind you.

For outer/inner thighs: lie on side, propped up on elbow. Do outer/top leg lifts, then inner/lower leg lifts. Do 5 sets of 10.Switch to other side and repeat. (You can also do this standing up. Place your foot on the floor slightly in front of the other.Lift leg to the side,then move your leg so that it crosses in front of your other leg, like kicking a soccer ball with the inner foot).

Plies and standing leg circles.If you dislike squats, lie on your back w/ your feet on the floor. Lift your hinney and hold for 5-10 sec.Try w/ 1 ft on flr for more difficulty.

You should notice a change in about a wk.
    kitkabob

Answer by kitkabob at 1:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• go to msn.health.com and check out all of the diet and exercise areas. They have super ideas. If you have an iPhone, check out the aps, especially pumpone, which has more than 5,000 exercises. Squats and lunges are the trick here. do forward lunges, side lunges and backward lunges, gives you a good cross-the-board workout. Squats also. Be sure your weight is in your heels, NOT your toes. You should feel a burn in your butt after about 15.
    lwild

Answer by lwild at 8:05 PM on Sep. 10, 2009