what age shuold u start pottey traing?

AnGeL_5_22_08

Asked by AnGeL_5_22_08 at 12:12 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• when the child is ready not the parent,.my dd was ready at around 18 mts but some are not ready till they are 3yrs old
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:13 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• We started my daughter at about 13 months, and she is almost completely trained at 15 months. But it depends on the child, how much time you have to focus on it, how ready they are, whether you have a boy or girl, etc.

Good luck!!
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 12:13 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i started when my son showed interest that was when he was 2 1/2, we didnt push for it either we just gradually let him do it, and now that he is 3 and we are trying to get him into preschool before his sister is here in october we pushed bit time for poop training. so far he is going 3 days without pull ups and no accidents. he also been waking up in the mornings with dry pull ups. good luck
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Three. My son did it in 3-4 days just befor his 3rd bday. It was fine!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My son is 17 months and no where near ready. Each child is different.
    jillybean6781

Answer by jillybean6781 at 1:39 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I introduce the potty at 18 months, along with potty training books and DVDs. Then I wait to see two things. First, the child willingly sits on it and actually pees (18 months, three weeks for us), and for them to have extended periods of dryness. My son would wake up dry from naps about three days a week and about every two weeks he'd wake up dry in the morning. That showed me he had bladder control. He was 19 months old. I used the "straight to regular underwear" method and we stayed home for a week reading, watching the DVDs, and kept the potty chair in the playroom. I also kept the Bissell Little Green Clean Machine ready at all times, lol. My son was fully pee and poop trained in just over one week at the age of 19.5 months. He was non-verbal, so don't let that stop you. My other son was 20-21 months. Good luck.
    DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 2:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• some experts/books say at birth, some say at 12 months, some say 18 months, some say 24 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2009