putting your own politic views aside, who thinks that being the US President would be a one of the hardest jobs

boredmom44

Asked by boredmom44 at 12:12 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes it is. But since they spend SO much money and exert so much effort trying to get the job that I just don't think the PRESIDENT (no matter the party) can complain!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i do not think that any of them have complained,

i just think your life would not be your own
    i would hate it for that reason alone
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 12:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I had a history professor in college always say he would never wish the job or President of the United States on his worst enemy. I honestly would never want it. it is supposed to be a 24/7, 365 day a yr job, tons of pressure and there will ALWAYS be someone who hates you... it is a popularity contest where the winner can often be the loser at the same time.
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 12:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yes it ages you fast. Obama looks like he's ten years older already.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yikes ! You are SO right !

I REEALLY WISH that the current Congress and the Obama team were not pushing so hard to do these sweeping anti-liberty changes. I am getting SO tired of alarming, unprecedented news every few days.

It would be wonderful if Mr. and Mrs. Obama and their two girls could have a blessed sojourn in the White House - it's kinda like a fairy castle, and it's such a shame that all this ugliness intrudes itself into their lives.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I do, and thats one reason they shouldn't let rookies like Obama be put in office. They should have to have SOME KIND of experience
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Oh, I agree totally. It is probably the most thankless job on the planet,and I wouldn't want it for anything. It does in fact age a person greatly, all the stress and burdens they have.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 12:41 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Alright who deleted my answer??
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    there could be less experience in there or one seat away, imagine Palin in there...
    what was McCain thinking?!, has anyone ever choosen a running mate with LESS experience, unless you count the PTA then she was very quaified
    --------------------
    but as for the question posted .. AND PUTTING MY POLITICAL VIEWS ASIDE
    i would never want the job,
    no privacy, secret service ever where, of course you never do anything right, always death threats no matter which president, your kids in the public eye, and secret service having to protect them 24/7, you will never be able to be anon again, taking in a day of shopping, or a walk on the beach as president now and after you never will know who is watching
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yeah. I couldn't do it. My self esteem isn't high enough. I would rot if I knew people spoke of me like they speak of Obama.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:58 PM on Sep. 10, 2009