Help

My dh and I keep fightng over money. I am a SAHM and he does work very hard. The thing is we are fighting a custody battle for my sd and have been paying a lawyer for over nine months somewhere in the ballpark of 500 dollars. Our other two children our beginning to suffer because we cant afford to buy them things they need. Plus. our houseehold bills are falling behind. I told him to get a court date and stop the extra money going out so we could go back to actually having a normal life. He is thnks Im wrong for this. Am I?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• I agree with you. I understand the need for the custody battle for him. But you can't sacrifice the well being of your other children. It's just that simple.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• well this child you are both fighting for happens to be HIS child too so I am sure he feels like you are pushing that effort aside and that might hurt him too - I know I'd never stop fighting for my son even if I was in another relationship - maybe you need to figure how to budget this in and or try to cut out some other area's for a while. $500 for 9 months is realistically $56 a month - I know that is still a lot of money but looking at it that way maybe you could cut a home phone or cable or internet?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:54 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I agree, get a court date and get on with it.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2009