REPOSTING, HOPING FOR MORE FEEDBACK. (On and off fever.)

My SD (3 years old) keeps running a low grade fever. 99.5 - 101. She'll have it for 3 to 5 days, with a few other symptoms (runny nose and chills, perhaps a cough), then it will go away.
This has been going on for 3 weeks now. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but she spends 2 days a week at her mom's house, and each time she comes home is when she has had the fever. (they smoke and don't make her eat and let her stay up until midnight or later)
At first, I thought it was just a lingering cold, and would go away with rest and treatment at home. But it's to the point now where I'm worried. She has a doctor appointment today.
I was just wondering if anyone here had any thoughts on what the problem could be.

mama_moonsong

Asked by mama_moonsong at 12:33 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• you know, my son is 22 months old and he is still getting over this same thing. he has a cough, every 3 days a fever so I brought him in after 2 weeks and they ran some blood tests and it seems to be just a virus that is trying to run its course.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2009