google is not helping me today....

I know that a pregnant woman isn't supposed to take a hot bath, sit in a hot jaccuzi, or sit in a hot tub....
But, can I sit in a lukewarm bathtub that has jets?
My mom seems to think that sitting in the jets is supposed to help relax the cervix..
I am due on Sunday, was dilated to 1.5cm two weeks ago, and for some reason have gone back to 1cm as of yesterday.
I am frustrated, depressed, and desperate, but I definitley don't want to do anything to harm my baby.
My OB's office is now closed, so I can't call her to ask, so I am asking the mighty-moms of CafeMom lol.....
(p.s. I have tried sex, walking, and squatting already....sex hurts to the point where I cry, and walking/squatting has yet to do anything....and no I am not going to drink castor oil, take laxative, eat spicy food, or drink excessive amts of prune juice [yes, those have actually been suggested to me, ugh!])
So, if anyone has the answer, Thank You!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A hot bath, which is not uncomfortable or scalding, is a safer way to relax. In a bath much of your upper body will remain out of the water, making you less likely to overheat. Additionally, the water in a bath begins to cool off (as opposed to a hot tub) further reducing any risk of overheating. However, if you are prone to urinary tract infections, a warm shower may be the way to go.
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 12:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I think it may have something to do with the jets as a problem. I was told no jacuzzis since the air can be forced into your vagina and if it gets into your cervix (since you already are dilated) I think it can cause blood clots if I remember correctly. I wanna say I read it in a book. So a warm bath, no jets would be fine though as long as it is not too hot.
    Have you tried the pregnancy tea? It supposedly induces contractions, and is only recommended past 38 weeks. Otherwise patience is best, I know how annoying it all is but rushing things is not natural anyway, trust me I had to have a c-section after a failed induction. If I could go back I would have just waited a week...good luck!
    LucidRuth

Answer by LucidRuth at 12:53 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• go relax just don't situate yourself where the jets are umm you know. When you get out massage your belly with Jasmine oil and wait. Your due date is an estimate at best give or take two weeks. You're almost there. Have you tried climbing stairs?? I heard it sometimes works. Don't stress baby will come when he/she is ready.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:55 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Play with your nipples, it causes the body's natural petosin (sp)to kick in and speed things up, it helped a lot with my second labor, when I went in I wasn't even dilated and I had my son 12 hours later...............
    littlestchef

Answer by littlestchef at 8:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2009