Reactions with Nuvaring?

I have tried most of the pills and the patch (it's been a few years) before giving up on all hormonal contraceptives. Even the patch and low-dose pills make me a raving bi-polar loon. I don't know WHY I have such a reaction....but my Dr. seems to think I would be able to use Nuvaring and not be a raging witch to my family. Has anyone used/had reactions to this form of contraception? We aren't planning on having another for a few years and I really don't want to have an oopsy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Here are some ladies reactions to the nuvaring http://www.rateitall.com/i-846475-nuvaring.aspx

JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 12:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Mine like literally feel out one day. My boyfriend at the time found it in his bed and asked if it was a braclet of some sort. He was real loser to so thank god I didn't get pregnant from the night before. Once I got my period I dumped him and got to my doctor and got put back on the pill.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I just got the nuvaring its really great its low dose so im not a raging bitch to my hubby like i was on the pill and its simple you cant feel it, but i've been trying to get preg, if you take the precautions and start it dont have sex for the first 7 days or us a condom!
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 1:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I was on the nuvaring for YEARS and LOVED it! Then I went off to have my daughter and went back on and was very happy with it again! It was very convenient and easy. You put it in for 3 weeks, take it out for a week and then put a new one in... its really a no brainer way to remember your BC. It is effective for up to 2 hours out so if your partner were to feel it, you can take it out during sex without losing the effectiveness.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:15 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I used nuvaring for almost 4 years and loved it. I loved not having to worry about it every day and i never ever had a problem with it falling out. we got preg 3 months after i took it out and everything is going lovely. after this baby is born it will be right back on nuvaring for me!
    xxluvya

Answer by xxluvya at 5:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2009