How do I handel my husband vs my stepdaughter? he's not parenting her but gets angry with me when I try to do it....

She lies and lies... Every thing that comes outta her mouth is a lie... Her dad is just completely blind to everything... She has had more sexual partners than most people I know. I tried to talk to her and tell the reputation she was earning for herself.
Now it's just constant drama. In school, at home, everywhere. She expects every one to jump to her defense. The bad thing is that the defense isn't warrented,because she has created the situation(s). Everyone is sick and tired of putting their necks on the chopping block for her, and walking away with their heads in their hands. - Meaning that she's guilty of what ever the situation is at the given time.
She's putting a huge strain on my marriage, and within my family. She's continuesly creating conflict. My whole world is falling apart, and at a high rate of speed. I've done everything I can think of. I've even tried to force parenting her onto her dad. no luck there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• well you are not the mother so you to butt out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I agree. Stay out of it. It will all come to light on its own and if you get in the middle of it you will be blamed for it. Stay back and let her take the heat. Telling dad stuff he doesn't want to hear is just going to make him angry with you.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:04 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• does she live with you full time? If so try telling your husband everything she has done and don't let him walk away until you are finished and he understands just how serious the situation is. If she doesn't live with you full time then try talking to her mother. My husband gets mad when I try and parent my step daughter as well...I have found that telling him everything she has done and not letting him walk away until he understands exactly what it is she is doing has worked...though he won't parent her unless somebody brings up a problem with her.
    jessiesosore

Answer by jessiesosore at 1:04 PM on Sep. 10, 2009