What are odds of getting pregnant if you have unprotected sex during your period?

emily1928

Asked by emily1928 at 12:53 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• The same as they are if you have unprotected sex off your period
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• How? your on your period.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• you dont get pregnant on your period. i think they say it can happen but its very very rare
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i thought u have to be ovulating to get pregnant, so if u r on ur period then ur probably not ovulating
    vtyler6203

Answer by vtyler6203 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• It's possible — but highly unlikely. You'd have to have a very short menstrual cycle
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 1:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• It's not the most fertile point in your cycle, but it's possible to get pregnant from unprotected sex at any point in your cycle.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Not very likely, unless you have a very short cycle and/or a very long period. Ovulation happens 11-15 days before your period, and it's possible to conceive in the 5-6 days prior to that, so at most 21 days before your period. If your cycle is, say, 24 days long, and your period lasts 5 days, then it would be possible to get pregnant on the last 2 days of your period. But if you have a "normal" 28-day cycle (or longer), you're not going to get pregnant on your period (unless your period lasts for 7 days, and then maybe on the last day, but still not likely).

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• for one year everytime i was on my period, we did not use condoms, and no baby making happened, but once we switched to BC pills, 4 months later, tada im expecting, lol
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 5:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Well the first time i got pregnant my husband and I had unprotected sex while I was on my period because he thought that I could not get preggo and I ended up pregnant had a miscarriage though so I am right back to square one...but it is possible sweet heart...i have learned anything is possible
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 6:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2009