My 7 eek old needs to be picked up all thw time...we all spoiled him as he is so cute..but now i need somw tips to control this situation...

got him a new cool play mat..smiled in it 4 a while & then started 2 cry!! pls help..thnx in advance...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 7 wks doesn't have much patience to sit and be entertained without becoming OVER-entertained. Wanting to be held a lot may last for your baby for a few more months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• You cant spoil a baby. If they want to be held, then hold them! Usually babies cry b/c they are hungry, wet, tired or just want to snuggle. Love on them while you can! Another year or so, they will pull away! boohoo! :)
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• get a swing!!!!!!!! im telling you. he will love it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Your baby is only 7 weeks you can NOT spoil a 7 week old baby. He needs to be close to you. You carried him for 9 months they don't just get over it, because they are now outside your body. Get a carrier and wear him, if you are tired of holding him plus your hands will be free to do other things
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 1:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• At JUST 7 weeks old you cannot hold your baby enough (in my opinion). I personally could not put my son down. My husband would always tell me I was spoiling him. At nine months he loves to play by himself but when he wants to be held I am more than happy to stop what I am doing and pick him up. I am a pro at doing things one handed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• You can't spoil an infant! new babies need to feel loved and secure. Enjoy your little one; they don't stay small for long.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:14 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• You know most people are gonna tell you that you can't spoil an infant, the truth is you can. By the time my son was 3 months I couldn't do the dishes, I couldn't wash the clothes, I couldn't put him down, even at nap time, the truth is once he's older, 4 months or so you're gonna have to help entertain him, like get a "bouncer" its a virbrating seat bascilly, buckle him in , play with him, show him different toys, let him hold them, try to give more tummy time he won't like maybe he will but he's got to have it! right now theres little you can do but give it time, my son is 9 months and is everywhere. GL
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 1:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• You can't spoil a baby that young, and they are too young for the mat. But try a swing or a bouncy seat that vibrates. They like the movement.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:25 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• The facts state unequivocally you can NOT spoil or 'train' a child at 7 weeks. You are NOT setting yourself up for anything except a loved and cared for child. The studies also state the more you attend to your child's cries in the beginning the less baby will cry in the long run because you are setting up a bond of trust that lasts a life time. If baby trusts that you will come when 'asked' baby will only 'ask' when needed.  Hold and love that baby as often as you and baby desire.  There is no such thing as too much love.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I'd say it's okay to spoil him since he is still 7 w/o. Enjoy the time you have. My kids are too big for me to hold them now. Sometimes I even try to hold my youngest 3 y/o but he doesn't let me anymore. I really miss when they were babies in my arms.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 1:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2009