Cant understand the questin dont answer it. Is this a problem you have?

I hate it when people write rude or mean comments about your posting. If they dont understand it or if they cant read it why even write?. I am not the greatest person at spelling, and people just have to comment on how I need to learn stuff or do spell check. Theirs no spell check on here. Not everyone is a #1 spellier. I know I am not I dont need to be told. What if the person they wrote stuff like that to is a kid or someone with problems? they dont know ,but their putten them down it hurts people and it is wrong.It turns questines into fights and mess's it up where other wont post. Comments should be kept to themselves. I know I have spelling problems. I never was good at that but, why should I have to state how I cant spell to people? I shouldnt have to. I write how I talk to I am a country gale so ya I spell how I talk. Is this a problem with anyone else?.

honeysuckle09

Asked by honeysuckle09 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in About CafeMom

• It's easy to make rude comments when you're hiding behind a screen.

Don't let them bother you.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• it makes me laugh when i read a long and involved question only to see an answer with the comment..."you spelled something wrong"

i make a lot of spelling errors but even more typos, especially when fingernails are getting too long..I say who cares, I do not care as long as i can understand what poster is trying to get across
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 1:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• there are ppl who have to complain about everything. but someone finally pointed out to me when i misspelled something there actually is a spell check. who knew! lol but unfortunately its only when you answer. just in case you need it its under use full editor. maybe we should suggest a spell check for questions then that way we can give those ppl something new to bash us on! HA
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 1:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Theirs no spell check on here

Actually there is if you click on "Use Full Editor" right next to Add an Answer there is a check spelling tab....Just saying

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I don't understand that either. Why post just to say, "you spelled that wrong"? Seems like a waste of time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I totally understand where you are coming from but however bad spelling to me is irritating and what if that was how they always spell that word..would you really want to go on thinking that and possibly make a fool out of yourself say writing it that way on your resume, or job application..or way more embarrassing, doing spelling with your 4th grader arguing about what the proper way to spell a word is and finding out he/she is write and your wrong..or having your 4th grader ask you how to spell a word for a paper she/he is writing and learn they got it wrong because you were incorrect. so if I do correct you its not to be mean its to save you from looking foolish. sorry if you take offense...I wouldn't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• oh and no offense but you spelled or had a ton of typo's but I wont correct you cause it will make you mad.
    Anonymous

• You are beyond being a bad speller, just saying!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Well, occasional typos are one thing, but not being able to follow the gist of a sentence because of misspelled words is actually sad. For instance you are a gal not a gale which means something else not even close to what you meant. The same can be said for theirs, and or for that matter a spellier is also something completely unrelated to what you are trying to say, not to mention in a different language.

People should be more sensitive to others but if we were face to face and you were wearing your bra as a belt, I would find it very difficult to concentrate on your question rather than how you dressed yourself. The same can be said of the words we use on the internet. They are all we can see of you.

You spell how you talk, but I don't talk like you do so how would I guess what you mean. My dialect and accent may be totally different from yours. Spelling is a great equalizer in that. You will always mean you. What is ya?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• ANON :34

Your response would have carried more weight if you hadn't used write instead of right and your and you're. But, you're right, I would prefer to be corrected rather than go on spelling everyday words wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2009