Did it change your opinion at all?

Did the five minutes Obama spent whoring out Ted Kennedy's death last night impact your position on the bill one way or the other?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 1:21 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I had no respect for TK before and still have none now. All I heard from the speech was the same old thing he has said before, nothing substantial, nothing concrete, just a bunch of useless threats against those who oppose him. I hope they continue to stand their ground.
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 2:52 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• No, i supported this bill from the beginning. LIBERALS: Did the great Wilson change your man when he ignorantly shouted out "You lie" to the president last night?............................Anyone?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• ^^^^makes no sense
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Nope. His speech chock-full-o-fluff didn't change anything about my opinion.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• anon :24, no it didn't change my mind when he yelled 'you lie', because in part I agree with him. I feel that there are too many huge variables that are left unsaid and those unsaid items will be the biggest items to impact each and every one of us. I would say that Obama lies by omission, but to his credit it seems to be rampant in the political arena.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:29 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• No I didn't watch and I guess thats not one of the segments they want to show on the news.
    He said nothing new and just reiterated how he is a bully by slamming everyone who disagrees with his plan.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• He said nothing new and just reiterated how he is a bully by slamming everyone who disagrees with his plan.

That's because his inexperience as a leader didn't prepare him for the amount of criticism his office is worthy of. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I admittedly don't get the whooplah over TK however I thought it was low class of Obummer to use him the way he did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• We use the mute button a lot when Obama is speaking ... you can see from his facial expression, his posture and especially in his voice - you know, when he switches from speaking in a normal tone to using the "orator" voice, and having these hesitations, and being forceful - you can see right away that he is starting to lie ... or prevaricate ... or be less than forthright, however you want to call it.

That's the moment we hit the mute button, because that tone of voice REEALLLY grates on the nerves. Bill Clinton had the same manner when he was pushing an "untruth". ... That plus the constant self-aggrandizing "I did this", "I accomplished that". .... (eeesh !)

... That was a welcome change when Bush came into office. It didn't matter what he was speaking about, he didn't adopt that tone (to me that meant he wasn't lying, but I know I'll be clobbered for saying it), and he always gave credit to his staff.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• It was no different than any of his other speeches. I am surprised there aren't more of his people flaoting around though, considering all the hot air being blown up their ass.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Sep. 10, 2009