The Anon button

Have you ever noticed what it says and how many people really truly, abide by what it says?

"If you answer anonymously, please make sure your answer is nice, honest, and respectful. Any disrespectful anonymous answers will be removed and your account may be suspended or even canceled."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I have to imagine that most people don't read more than the first sentence.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Have you ever noticed that whether or not an answer or question is deleted depends entirely on which individual gets the report and what kind of mood they're in that day? That rule is about as cut and dried as the political leanings of the CM team as a whole.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I agree with you, but you better be careful with this question, cuz they might delete it. If they really don't like what's being posted, then they'll delete it. if it's not bad enough, the posts remain. makes you really wonder what it takes to get something deleted. some women really push it on this site. I've seen it way too much. that's why I try not to ask/answer too many questions and I don't post journals.

At least you can't really hide behind anonymous. The admins know all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I've noticed it, but I can assure you, they only apply that selectively. It's only enforced if you're a Christian, or Republican. It's no secret that this is a very left-wing, liberal site, and if you say something that goes agains that, you're smoked.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I'm nice when I am anon. My opinion differs from you is all. I have to go anon in this section because someone said a bunch of nasty things about my kids when I dared be the voice of dissent. Someone commented with vulgar and offensive words on each of their pictures. Because of that, I am anon.

Besides, I Don't see how going anon is any different than having a private profile.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I agree with QM.

More times than not, people use it as a way to be mean, nasty and a bully. Sad considering we're all suppose to be adults.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 2:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• What I find funny about that is most people (not all) who post anon, only hit the anon button when they have something really rude and/or nasty to say. Very rarely is the anon button used for any purpose other than being cowardly.

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 2:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I only use anon on the sex questions, so most of my answers are quite nice when using anon. :)
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 2:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Where are the sex questions?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• It is sad considering that CM doesn't hold their own policy on the anonymous button. "Any disrespectful anonymous answers will be removed and your account may be suspended or even canceled."
    LOL That never happens - unless you report each and every disrespectful anonymous you run across, and I have way more to do. It's easier to just ignore them.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2009