Is it wrong?

My son's 3rd birthday is coming up. My family doesn't have many little kids that we can invite. So I was wondering, do you think it would be wrong/weird to invite local myspace friends/facebook friends/old high school friends to the party just because I want more kids there? I have a ton of games planned and we're going to need kids to make it fun. I wouldn't be inviting strangers, but some people I haven't seen in years, I've just talked to them online. Would it be weird if they have never met my kid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think a little. Cause then you sound desperate for friends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• If they are really good friends that you know in real life that you lost contact with for a few years- that seems fine. If you haven't met up in real life- I'd meet up one on one as adults first before throwing children and parties in the mix. I have some great online friends but I wouldn't do invite them to the kidlets' birthday parties unless we'd met in person. Just to be extra, extra safe.
    momoftwokidlets

Answer by momoftwokidlets at 1:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Well I'm not desperate for friends. I'm desperate for kids to come to this party lol. He's not in daycare or anything so I really don't have a choice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• If they are really good friends that you know in real life that you lost contact with for a few years- that seems fine. If you haven't met up in real life- I'd meet up one on one as adults first before throwing children and parties in the mix. Good idea, but these are people that I have met in real life. I just haven't seen them in a while.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Another thought- just to be sure that the children feel comfortable enough with each other- if it is possible and feasable maybe set up a playdate prior to. Some children are really shy and your friends might want to support you and your child- but not want to have their child get overly shy/akward about the situation.
    momoftwokidlets

Answer by momoftwokidlets at 2:09 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• dont you have friends with kids or your dh?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I'd say its a good idea, I've had my myspace friends with kids to our kids birthday parties. If you can though, arrange play dates beforehand.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:12 AM on Sep. 11, 2009