My 10 and 13 year old boys can not make their pee in the toilet. All around it but not in it.

What do I do. I have taken things away (privileges) I have made them clean it up. I have rationally talked to them and I have yelled. my goodness they are old enough to aim, aren't they?

madmomof2

Asked by madmomof2 at 1:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• OMG I have the same problem it's gross!! There are some great suggestions here that I am going to try thanks!
    myboyteags

Answer by myboyteags at 10:19 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i would just give them permanent bathroom duty. maybe after cleanin after others too it'll open their eyes bc yes they r def old enough to aim
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• clean up duty !!!! My son finally aims and he did some swiping up the exact time he'd missed, I caught him so many times he's finally doing great.
    I just want him to clean for the whole family now, no such luck, (also 13 yr old, lol ! ! )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• They do clean it up..LOL if you can call it that. they take a big bath towel and smear it over the rest of the floor.. Seriously, I can not take it anymore. I offend my 13 year old today cause he said it wasn't his pee I just stepped in so I yelled at him anyways. The other child was still in bed.
    madmomof2

Answer by madmomof2 at 2:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Clean up duty.

Hand them a mop, scrub brush and bucket, and the laundry basket of nasty peed-up towels they used for wiping up their messes. Tell them it's their job to clean up the bathroom - to YOUR satisfaction - and to wash the towels they messed up, because towels should never be used to wipe up stuff like that off floors.

After a lot of grumbling and several trips sent back into the bathroom to clean again because they missed something, they will get the hint.

I went through this with my boys at a younger age. I made them clean the bathroom for a few weeks in a row and suddenly, I stopped having pee puddles and "back splashes" on the back of the toilet. OR if they did miss, they were quick to clean up after themselves.

(OF course, my 3 am screeching after getting up to use the bathroom and SITTING in pee may have contributed to that also.....)
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:09 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My son peed on the seat once and I woke his butt up at 2 am to clean it up! I don't play that! Make them clean that sh!t up girl!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 10:39 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I would tell them that until they can pee IN the toilet, they can sit like a girl! My DS is 8 & doesnt pee on the seat nearly as much as before since I made him sit... AND I stood there to make sure!
    luvmyboys2

Answer by luvmyboys2 at 11:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I totally agree with geminilove. Taking a bath towel and smearing pee around is NOT acceptable. Peeing outside the toilet is NOT acceptable. All cleaning should be done to YOUR standards, or they should do it again and again until it is. It sounds like you've let them get away with improper cleaning... which is adding to the problem. It's become too easy to call it cleaned up! My son cleaned twice in a row yesterday, and you better believe when he finished the second time not only was that floor clean but it was sparkly!

And luvmyboys2 has the right idea... if you can't aim you sit.
    crittermomma

Answer by crittermomma at 3:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2009