9/11 - I need ideas - please!!

My ds will turn 1 year-old tomorrow, September 11 - a day that also marks the anniversary of the events that changed our country. Our family would like to do something special to commemorate this anniversary but also celebrate his birthday. Any ideas ladies?

emnasmom

Asked by emnasmom at 1:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You could help him to put up a flag that you fly outside the house in honor of the day. If you don't have one, you couple buy one and ask him to help put it up, and then have him help put the flag up every day on his birthday from now on. It would be a special responsibility on his special day, a reminder but not a bummer.
    johard

Answer by johard at 2:49 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I understand wanting to honor the day etc.

However, when your child gets old enough to understand what happened that day...they may be ok with sharing their day.
    At a year old, I would suggest letting it just be THEIR special day.
    JMO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I would celebrate them totally separately. I like the idea of hanging a flag outside, but remember they only have this birthday once. So try not to hang a cloud over his head, you can do it!
    mellibelli917

Answer by mellibelli917 at 3:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2009