Birthday party question

My son's 3rd birthday is coming up. My family doesn't have many little kids that we can invite. So I was wondering, do you think it would be wrong/weird to invite local myspace friends/facebook friends/old high school friends to the party just because I want more kids there? I have a ton of games planned and we're going to need kids to make it fun. I wouldn't be inviting strangers, but some people I haven't seen in years, I've just talked to them online. Would it be weird if they have never met my kid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think it would be a little weird. I mean they didn't even see your child and now he's turning 3. I would't. I would then make a bigger party when he will be in school and that way you can have more kids over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I'd invite family and friends that your child knows. If he is in day care, Sunday school, playgroup, etc. invite those kids. I think it would be a little strange to invite people you don't normally socialize with, and I expect a lot of them probably wouldn't show up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't.. it's not a popularity contest for your kid it's a party for family to celebrate his birthday. Inviting myspace/facebook friends and old people you know makes YOU seem a bit desperate to be honest. My son never has more than 4 kids or so at his party (all family) and it isn't a big deal. He could care less how many people show up.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 3:04 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I'm not looking for it to be a 'popularity' contest. I just want a bunch of kids there to play the games.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• three year old's don't play that many games and stay focused for long. Family and friend that you know should be enough.
    tweeta

Answer by tweeta at 9:31 PM on Sep. 10, 2009