How Do I keep us from getting the cop's called on us.

We just moved and every one is teaming on me and my family and I'm afraid their going to call the cops again. Are kid's are kids and once in a while with fight with us. When that happens she yell's at us and we are getting yelled at for this. Are other child bang's on stuff. We can't She is non-verbal and we are unable to explain to her that's not ok. I'm also afraid to yell at my child. Let's look at today. She wanted to go to a friend's house I said no and she ran out of the Apartment and started to cry on their patio. She knows if she does this she get's her way. I'm scared to say no cuz They keep calling the cops on us. I'm worried on what that is doing to my kid's. It don't bother me I'm a good mom but how do I handle this. With out being rude. How do I explain to are leasing office that we are trying are best to work all this out. We have no other place to go. He just got laid off. We can't move no money.

Mesofrog

Asked by Mesofrog at 1:49 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• say no and mean it? If she runs outside to cry, go out, pick her up, bring her back in and put her in time out. Keep doing it. I found that the neighbors actually complained less when it became apparent I was disciplining my son. She kicks and screams because your doing it, throw 1/4 of a cup of water in her face, when she calms down a bit offer to help her change her wet shirt. Don't be afraid to yell at them, at least not when its reasoanbel to do so. They need to know you are in charge or they will rule the house. As for the little one, my son is 3 and still not really talking, so we tell him no when he does things he isnt supposed to and we take the toy making the noise away (the top of our fridge looks like a toystore). He eventually got it and now a reminder to be quiet is all it takes.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:57 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Who is calling the cops? your kids? or someone else?

Pick up the phone and dial the number for them.

You're the parent, she's the child and if you keep being "afraid" of telling her no then she will just keep walking all over you. As for running out the door, had my son done that he would have gotten a nice swat on his behind.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:18 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• They do see that. I'm out their holding her arms down to her level and explain it to her. They still come over and say what's wrong and what can we do to help. I feel that they are trying to explain it to me that I'm young and can't be a mother (the right way). The only time I really yell at her is when she runs away or I'm trying to get her in the house. I really can't leave due to are other child should never be left alone. Not that she's young it's medical. Are youngest in turning 3 but she is like a 9 month old. She don't understand thing's the way others due. She can't even understand tip the cup. She has to have straws. Most of that is coming at night. Should I go in the room to stop her and risk her thinking if she keep's doing it I come in. She understands how that work's or should I keep letting her pound her feet on the floor. Then explain to the leasing office what's going on. I'm really at lost!
    Mesofrog

Answer by Mesofrog at 2:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Explain this all to the police and they will tell your neighbors to stop calling them.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:30 PM on Sep. 10, 2009