Should I name my baby this?

Okay so I really love the name Jaxon if I have a boy, and I don't like many boys names. Problem is my husbands 1st cousin has a son named Jackson. We only see them maybe once or twice a year for holidays and she said she wouldn't care. But is it too weird? We would call him Jax all the time and she always just calls her son Jackson. What do you think ladies?

jenae_gist

Asked by jenae_gist at 1:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it's really cute!
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 1:51 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• nice name
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i wouldn't use it. there's so many other names,
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:53 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• hm m if they really didn't care I'd think of it i suppose. if it isn't someone y'all are close too. I know there are names i will not use cause they are my good friends list & on my sisters lol but other then that. ..na i don't see what the big deal is. though honestly that spelling reminds me of my brothers baseball team whewn he played little league (there is a company named Jaxon cleaners lol)
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 1:55 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• If you love it use it!!!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i think it's ok. if it was a more uncommon name, then it would seem like you copied from them, but since jackson/jaxon is a fairly common name, i think it's okay to have cousins with that same name. and they will actually be 2nd cousins, right? congrats!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I think it's ok for extended family members to have the same name. No one owns a name.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't do it. I named my son Brody because we are Irish and my DH loved it. When he told his best friend and his wife the name, the wife REALLY loved the name. About a year later she found out she was pregnant again and when she had her DS she named him Bode, and said that it was because she like the name Brody so much but knew she shouldn't name him that too. It still miffs me a little anyways and it's not exactly the same like yours would be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• if it doesnt bother you or them, then go for it. if you like the name then use it.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 2:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• speaking from experience, I wouldnt do it. My cousin was due 4 months after me and when I had already picked the name Jaydin before she even knew she was pregnant. She came to me and asked if I would mind if she used the name Jalen and I said it wouldnt bother me at all (because I really was fine with it) Well now EVERYONE teases us, gets their names wrong, and has a hard time with it. So if I could go back, I wouldnt have done it
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:08 PM on Sep. 10, 2009