Athiests: what will you do if your children end up believing in Jesus? Christians: What if your children become athiests and say its just a nice story?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i dont care what my kids believe. I believe what i want to and no one is goin to change that. i did go to church and things like that but yet i dont believe in god. so really in the end its their choice anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My DD does believe (she's 12). Her father and I are divorced and he's christian. She knows what her stepdad and I believe and that there are as many beliefs as there are people in the world. I don't have a problem with it. As long as she's not being taught that those different from her (religious, gay, different race etc) are wrong or bad, then I have no problem. It's never been an issue between her father and I. We get along really well.

deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 2:04 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Im not an athiest but Im not a christian either.

My boys will believe what they are going to believe and as long as they are happy....I wont care.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:05 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I will be happy that they found the right path for them. There is sooo much more to a person than religious beliefs.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:09 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• my dd is a "believer", attends church regularly, but also understand that there is a time and a place for that. i have no problem with her choice, nor will i try to dissuade her from her beliefs. i can only hope that in the years to come, her view of the world will broaden.

as a child i was the black sheep for questioning my parents faith, and learned at a young age what hypocrisy truly was. i determined at that point not to repeat the cycle, and so, my children will learn what i have to teach them, and be exposed to the rest of their options and have to decide for their selves. the grandparents were the ones to indoctrinate my dd, and have the same intentions with the other two. but they have a lot of growing to do, i do not believe that they will learn any lasting behaviors.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I'll be happy for her and I'll support her however I can as long as she doesn't try to push it onto me.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Matthew 21: 16 "yes" , replied Jesus, "have you never read, ..."From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise. " ?

Amos 8:11 "There will come a time when I will send a famine through the land, "declares the Soverighn Lord, not a famine for food or a thrist for water, ...but a famine of hearing th ewords of the Lord."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• She'll still be my daughter. As long as whatever she believes helps her to be a better person I don't care if she believes in Green monkeys from space!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• As long as my son is a compassionate person, and he understands what he's choosing and what he's rejecting (as in, understands religion, God, and so on, before rejecting it), I don't care what he believes.

As much as I want him to have the joy of knowing God, as long as he is a kind, compassionate person I really can't ask for much else. You can't force someone to believe, and I wouldn't want something as personal as faith to get in the way of our relationship. Its something he'll have to make a decision on based on his own convictions and understandings, and, like I said, as long as he makes an informed decision, I don't care what he decides.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:35 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• So No one here believes that Jesus came to die and resurrect as painful as the impalement was and it's been proven and written but no one gets this but the 1 person who quoted that little children and infants praise God.??????

Woe to all of you who can't say you have never believed.....

Think about it , God loved us first, c'mon, not one of you ????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Sep. 10, 2009