I want another baby but we have 3 already and my husband says "NO" any thoughts?

BabyBorgman4

Asked by BabyBorgman4 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Well-this is between you and him.

See, me and you-we don't have a relationship. We aren't married, therefore, I don't get a say about what grows in your uterus-he does. So, why don't you ask him why not??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I know the feeling. We have two and I'd love 3rd, but my DH has an emphatic "no" at the ready any time I bring it up. I don't know what to tell you except, I feel for ya and here's to hoping our men change their minds!!!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 2:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• nothing u can do.. it has to be a yes from both sides. i dont think its right to make him take care, raise, and pay for another child if he says no..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Well, how old are your 3 kids? How old are you and your husband? If you both were still young in early 30s, you will still have time to have more later, not this year, maybe next. You never know. In our situation, I somewhat feel the same way as you do. However, my DH doesn't want any and got it fixed a year ago. I still wish that I could have one more espeically late...my 2 older ones are going to school and 3 y/o is alone at home with me. But I have to respect my DH's desire. We got married late so when we had our first, DH was 37 already. I don't want to put too much pressure on him and we do have our plate full since DH's parents will be our burdens in the near future. Now, everyday I'm just grateful about what I have had and hoping for the better for our little family. Do I say it's perfect? I wouldn't say yes but we're happy.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 2:21 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I am 23 and my husband is 28. I wanted to have the baby now so there wouldnt6 be such a gap between the other 3 they are 5 4 and 2. I wanted to have my kids young. He says "NO" cause we have are handsful now. um no we dont I take care of them while he works and even when he comes home. I want 4 so I will have 4 and he cant seem to come up with any other reason besides that.
    BabyBorgman4

Answer by BabyBorgman4 at 2:57 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Wow...so yours' age differences are like ours. Yes, you should have the 4th now otherwise it's gonna be a gap between 3rd and 4th. I can't really help you much here, only can tell you that to take it easy. If your b-day is coming up, tell him that you want another baby for b-day present or how about Christmas present sounds better? Wish you luck!
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 3:14 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My birthday is in December!! I told him i wanted it for thanksgiving. If we got pregnant this month it would be a june baby and october would be july and thanksgiving would be august. We have 3 fall babies now one in september and 2 in october. I want a different season.
    BabyBorgman4

Answer by BabyBorgman4 at 3:18 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I feel you too. We have two boys and i am desperate to have another. DH says sometimes next year. I say NOW. LOL sometimes next year isn't good enough for me. Its all i think about, sometimes i think im obsessed with wanting another baby. My kids are 3 and 2. I want to have another by the time my youngest turns 3 but i don't think that will happen. *sigh* We had unprotected sex once a few weeks ago so i am hoping maybe it happened lol. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• "... I want a different season."

BabyBorgman, you're funny... Does that really matter? LOL!
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 3:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• of course that doesnt matter. I would take any season. I have an ache so deep its hard to explain. 2 of are friends just found out they were pregnant and are due in May. When he told me about the second one I just cried and cried. i want this so bad. But he wont look at it any other way besides dollar signs. This ache is so hard to explain. I just feel so empty and I know I have 3 beautiful children already and I should be happy with that. But god made me able to have more children and I just feel I should put it to use. i just dont know what to do.
    BabyBorgman4

Answer by BabyBorgman4 at 3:55 PM on Sep. 10, 2009