How much should I pay for a ride to work?

I will be needing a ride to work on Fridays and one Saturday a month. My job is about 22 minutes away from where I live. I was thinking of 15 dollars, but when I did the math, that adds up to quite a bit of money each month. How much should I pay?

Miss-Baby-Baker

Asked by Miss-Baby-Baker at 2:08 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Who are you getting a ride from? A co-worker who is also going that way? If that's the case, I would say give her about $20 a month to help with gas. Is it someone who is making a special trip for you? I would say about $40 a month.
    absmama

Answer by absmama at 2:21 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I'm getting a ride from a neigbor, but I don't know the person too well.
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 2:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• When I was riding with a coworker, I gave her $20 every payday, which is every 2 weeks. I lived a couple minutes out of her way, so I added about 5 minutes to her route. Maybe work out a deal with your ride, like you'll pay them on your paydays and set an amount to give them on that day. That way, you don't have to worry about having the money every friday and saturday, you can give the whole thing to them when you get paid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Thanks so much ladies!!
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 2:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Go by how much gas is per gallon in your area and then factor in how many miles you'll be going and if the person is going out of there way and didnt just happen to be going the same way then add in some more for extras.. There ya go.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 3:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2009