my baby is 15 months he won't drink regular milk in his sip cup

how can I give him his milk in his cup he wants it on the bottle

LOVES67

Asked by LOVES67 at 2:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just give it time.. most kids dont take milk from sippy cups took my daughter till she was 2... every kid is different all u can do is just keep offering it to him.. u can MAKE him do it though
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Have you tried several different types of cups? It took my son forever to drink from a cup until we found the right one.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 2:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• well, my son did the exact same thing. Once i stopped the bottle he wouldn't drink milk at all, I tried heating it up also - I skipped the sippy cup also for milk, I tried to offer it to him alot and he just kept refusing it.. so I stopped offering it and offered food with calcium to make up for that and about 2 months later I tried to give it to him again, didn't make a deal of it ,just put his cup down next to his plate like normal and he ate it, he would also eat it with cereal and then didn't realize it was such a difference when it was in a cup next to him
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• my dd is 30 mts and she hates milk. but sghe likes cheese and yougurt so thats how she gets calcium
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• A very common problem. They need to get past the "milk comes from a bottle" mentality. Keep offering and but don't make a big deal of it. Eventually most will drink milk from a sippy cup or regular cup. Fill in with other calcium sources in the meantime.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 2:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• have you tried a straw cup instead of a regular sippy? i like the idea of trying diff cups. if it doesnt work then just take a break and try again. like said above give food to supplement the calcium.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 2:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Give him water (unless he is a baby cow :) .

Like many other nutrients, and despite the claims of the dairy industry, plant based calcium is superior to animal based. Here is some of what the doctors at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine say: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html

Answer by rkoloms at 3:14 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My daughter is the same way. She still gets her milk in her bottle.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My son wouldn't drink any milk once he weaned himself from formula. We started on whole milk then switched to 2% and we put a dab of strawberry milk in it and now he's drinking 10-15 oz a day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• You'd be supprized what kids that age understand. I let my son dring from his bottle until the age of two, just because he wanted to. I told him he could not take out away from home through and he understood. But as soon as we were home he'd ask for his bottle. It didn't hurt him at all. He is a wonderful, well adjusted kid, Now. It's not a big deal. Give him his bottle if he still want to drink from it. But, cut him off at the age of two. But talk to him about that too. Kids understand more than we adults give them credit for.
    tweeta

Answer by tweeta at 9:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2009