Have you ever gotten a divorce even though you still loved your DH?

And you just couldn't work things out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Sadly.. Yes. He was ready to move on. I begged him to stay but I had to let him go. He wanted to go back to his ex-wife. Thankfully he did though, I moved forward and met the man of my dreams. He ended up leaving his ex-wife and never looked back. He hasn't seen our 13 yr old son for 7 yrs now. By his choice. I guess it's true, everything happens for a reason. Our 13 yr old loves my Husband and has called him Dad all on his own from the day we got married 3 yrs ago.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yes, I absolutely adored and loved my husband who asked for a divorce he wanted to have someone who thought the exact same as he did, like a clone, I was still in the early yrs. of our marrige so it ripped me apart in my heart, and soul, i took a downfall afterward and never really forgot any of the experience. I have adapted,......though it will not be what i wanted the husband then was not what I thought .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I still love my soon to be ex, but I just don't see how it would work between us. We have so much stacked against us it's unreal. We can offically file for divorce next month and I'm having second thoughts, then I remember why I left in the first place. I hope we can stay friend though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yes. My ex husband got involved in some things that were deeply dangerous for both him and our family. I had to leave him even though it broke my heart to do so. He filed for divorce after I moved out. It was the hardest thing that I have ever been through, but it truly was for the best in the long run.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:29 PM on Sep. 10, 2009