How can he not want to be in the room this time??

When I was in labor with my DD I didnt make ONE noise, I didnt scream, I wasnt rude nothing. Now my DH tells me he doesnt think he wants to be in the room when our son is born because I was "rude" last time. I remember my labor VERY clearly and I didnt do one thing that would come across as rude except for when he had to poop. I was in the middle of a very painful contraction and he whispered in my ear "I have to poop" so I said (calmly) there is a bathroom right there cause there was one in our room. He replied "everyone will hear me going" so I told him there was one right across the hall. He then argued that it was dirty, so the only time I was rude was after that when I said "THIS IS A FUCKING HOSPITAL, THAT IS THE CLEANEST TOILET YOU WILL EVER SHIT ON". And that was it, I'm sorry but I was annoyed that he wouldnt shut the hell up and poop and I was in hard labor. CONT..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• does this give him a good reason not to be in the room this time around?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• no and he sounds like a loser
    Lovebeingmomto1

Answer by Lovebeingmomto1 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• He helped make it, he should be there to support you.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:58 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• No that is not a good reason. LOL the funny this is that sounds like something my SO would complain about..I even read it to my so and he laughed
    mymymama

Answer by mymymama at 3:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• No tell him to suck it up, you are doing all the hard work. He should be there to support you, even if you are being a total bitch. After all you giving birth.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• He should be in there what's his problem? I got a little sad when my hubby didn't want to cut the cord but it is gross I guess so I understand. But not to be in there at all and ....rude? You are in the worst pain of your life he needs to be more understanding. I'm sorry. It's such a HUGE Precious moment.
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 3:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• No, that is NO reason for him to not be there! Wanna talk about rude... a contraction takes less than 2 minutes, I am sure he could have waited 2 minutes to inform you that he needed to go to the bathroom!

Start a question called "Whats the rudest thing you said or did during your labor?" and have him come on and read all of our answers. You will look like a saint, I am sure:)
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Maybe he doesn't do blood and guts very well and doesn't want to admit it. My DH and I only have one child together but if there had been more I would have told him to stand outside next time. During the entire delivery I kept asking HIM if he was okay.......I've never seen a person turn that color........LOL!
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 3:12 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• OMG. What a jerk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I am on the opposite side...If he doesn't want to be there why force him? Does not make him less of a man. Some men can't handle seeing their wives in pain. Maybe he couldn't express the real reason he didn't want to be there. Personally if it was my DH I would Not have a problem with it. I home birth. I almost prefer to be alone :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2009