Do you still believe in love?

How can you keep the faith in love when you fall in love with someone who turns out to be so bad? So mean? What's the secret to finding good, true love?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes I will always believe in love. One bad apple does not spoil the whole bunch in this case. Grief is a process to go through, not a destination in which to wallow. In a process, you keep putting one foot in front of the other, and each little step is part of your healing. Things will get better. IN time your heart will heal.
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 3:37 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yes, I absolutely still believe in love. I found my true love... I know it sounds corny, but it's true. We've been married 5 years, and even though it takes a lot of work and sometimes I don't like him much, we are still very much in love.

I think people's biggest problem is that they expect love to be easy. When the reality is that it is hard work to keep love alive.

If you fall in love with someone who really turns out to be a bad person, maybe you need to re-evaluate what kind of person you are attracted to and why.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:55 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Loving yourself first is, imho, the key to finding good and true love.

If you dont firmly love yourself then you have a tendency to fall for a myriad of stories and whatnot.

And to answer the OP initial question....yes, it took me til I was 30 but I found a true and good love.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I do. I've been married for just over 16 years now. I married the one I couldn't live without. He is my best friend. I learned what I needed to know about him BEFORE we married and had kids. And after we married, we keep working on our relationship. It's worth it!
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 4:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Sometimes you don't fall in love with the mean person, sometimes you are just attracted to them and fall into a toxic relationship. Sometimes it's a relationship addiction. There are times when it's a codependency, not love. Figure out what love is then go look for it

Answer by admckenzie at 4:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• do you believe in life after love....after love, after love, after love

I can feel something inside me say, i realy don't think I'm strong enough NO!

Couldn't help myself...

I'm lucky & choosy. I make good friends w/ men before i let them be involved in my life. Maybe you should try this. It can be hard, but it's better to know someone pretty good before you commit to a relationship. Had i not been good friends w/ my fiance, i would never had let him come into my life. They have to prove their friendship first. You cannot have a healthy relationship if he is not your friend . Friends respect eachother.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• You have to look beyond the niceness and try to find the flaws BEFORE you give your heart to someone. A lot of people seem nice at first, but their true colors come out eventually. I believe because I have found true love. I have been married for almost 8 years. Finding the right person that meshes with your personality and also shares the similar key values is a must. Another thing is to make sure that person has good qualities. If he lives a life that shows he is a great guy you can get a small sense of who he is.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 6:51 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yes, I do believe in love. I was in a bad marriage, and finally got myself out of it. I swore I wouldn't date again, wouldn't get remarried, men were scum, wasn't going to do it, etc. Then, several years after my divorce, I ran into an old boyfriend and we ended up getting back together. He is the most wonderful, amazing man I have ever met, outside of my father. He loves me to death, treats me like a queen, loves my boys and wants to be their dad (their own father doesn't want to be their dad), wants to give us anything and everything we could ever want, if it's in his power to give us. I absolutely believe in love. You just have to trust that somewhere out there there is a good, decent, loving wonderful man who is just waiting for you to walk into his life. As much as you might think so now, not all men are horrible. Remember that. :)
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:08 PM on Sep. 10, 2009