How would you judge me if you saw me...?

I'm a sahm with 3 girls, 4, 3, 1. During the day, i do all the household chores around being very active with the girls. We play outside, do art, play, and eat (mealtime is messy with the 1 year old). I wear sweats, t-shirts, sweatshirts b/c being as active as i am with the kids, i want to be comfy. I don't wear makeup (never really have much, hubby & I like the "natural look"). So, today i went to the grocery store. My clothes are clean (it's before lunch), & me and the girls are clean. I'm nice, smile, and my girls are polite and well-mannered in public.

BUT...How would you judge me to see me in basically sweats and sweatshirts (clean), no makeup, hair in a pony tail (clean), and girls are clean? I used to think i would be judged on my & my girls behaivor, but it seems women may judge more on appearance than i thought? Would you think me slovenly, uneducated, a bad mom, unhappy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would not judge you at all. Your children are clean, your clothes are clean, that is all that matters. I would be on the look out for Stacy and Clinton from what not to wear, though they seem to love to pick on those that dress that way. lol
    MKSmom09

Answer by MKSmom09 at 8:13 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• a mom! like everyone else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• OP talking...does it make a difference if i tell you i'm slighty overweight?, not obese, just not slim & trim like i used to be. If so, why?
    Anonymous

• i've always been around women with kids and having two myself now it'd prob be yep she's the mom lol......so many days a tshirt shorts and hair in a bun is my style. i feel bad for hubby some days dont want him to come home and be disappointed, but then i think, well he's eating well and has clean clothes, he can deal with a lil grunge lol
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 3:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Just a Mom. I might think to myself you could use a little makeup.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Nope thats how I go too - Actually I don't care what people view me as, I gained weight and I refuse to by clothes until I lose weight and sweats are all that fit, I work outside the home, don't have time to wear makeup and do my hair, playing with my son is more important to me than making up myself.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I love that you are not slim and trim. I am not either. Used to be but having a baby and a sedentary job changed all that. I wouldn't think anything bad of you. If your all clean and kids well behaven I would probably think "Wow look at those well behaved children. Props to you.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 3:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• To me theres a difference between sweatpants (with elastic around the bottom) and lounge pants/yoga pants...Don't know why but I'd probably look 'down' on the sweatpants but not the lounge pants? I guess because growing up, sweatpants were for those who couldn't afford 'real' pants.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• It doesn't take long to fix yourself up a little. It takes me 10 minutes. Makes me feel better and DH too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Appearance is a big deal to some people. I think it CAN tell you about someone, but not much. My appearance doesn't reflect my personality much. I dress like a kid cause it's cheap and colorful. I don't put much thought into appearance. If I judge someone (positively or negatively) it's often by what they say and how it's said. If your kids were behaving at a store, I'd smile and my DD would probably run up and say hi to them. LOL
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 3:31 PM on Sep. 10, 2009