Mother's Milk tea....does it work?

I have started today drinking Mother's Milk tea to help with my milk supply.

Did the tea work for you?

CaseyErin

Asked by CaseyErin at 3:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have used both mothers milk tea and fenugreek, and my milk supply does come in more, It takes about 3 cups of tea for two days before i notice it but it works! I use it when i feel i need to pump for extra storage, if Im planning on going out, also sometimes i feel he just isn't getting enough. I love the tea though!
    childofGod51509

Answer by childofGod51509 at 10:18 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Nope, neither did fenugreek or oatmeal
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:25 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• jade every one is different all three work for me. MOTHERS TEA MAKES ME GET ENGORGED THE FIRST FEW DAYS I DRINK
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:27 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• piwife, I know that. OP asked if it worked for me, not did it work for everyone.

when all the others failed, Reglan worked for me.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:30 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• That sounded wierd. I meant Op asked if it worked for 'you' meaning each individual.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:31 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Mothers milk didnt work for me, but I didnt stick it out lol. The fenugreek helped me a TON!!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I was told not to use the tea by my consultant because it was hit or miss how much of the herb actually steeped into the tea. plus the amount of tea you would have to drink to equal the dose I was given for the pills was crazy! So I never tried it. I did take the fenugreek seed capsules and they worked great!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:57 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I had great success with brewers yeast tablets.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:33 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• The BEST way to increase supply is to nurse more. The more milk you can get out, the more frequently, the more you will make.
    THE BREASTFEEDING ANSWER BOOK, 2003 states: “Many mothers try to boost their milk supply by drinking herbal teas, but the dose cannot be as easily controlled as capsules or tinctures, so the results will be inconsistent. Fenugreek (three capsules three times per day can be taken alone or with blessed thistle (three capsules three times per day). Experience indicates that it takes 24-72 hours to see an increase in milk supply once the herbs are started in the correct doses. Fenugreek is listed in the US as a Generally Recognized as Safe herbal.”
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2009