Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ss cards?

can i apply for medicaid for my baby if i havent received her ss card ?


Asked by avigrl88 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • You cant hurry along the ss office! Believe me. Anyway, yes you can apply & they can just put the number in later when you get it. You just have to prove you applied for. I dont understand why ppl are assuming its such a "hassle". All they will say is to call when you have it & tell them the number! How is that a hassle? You do have to apply in person though. They need to see your ID & proof of residency & such.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

  • no

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

  • Yes, you can. All my babies were added with a temporary ID # until their SS # came through. You will need the crib card or some other proof that baby was born. They will ask you to come in and make a copy of the card when you get it.

    Answer by riotgrrl at 3:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

  • Yes or no. I'd say it's easier to have your SS# first because you don't have to change it later.

    Answer by ocsosomom at 3:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

  • takes a little time to come in, but they will want it as soon as you recieve the number

    Answer by AmandaN1 at 3:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

  • so can i do it online or do i have to go to the office?

    Answer by avigrl88 at 3:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

  • its best to hurry and get he SS## BECAUSE THEN you dont have to go threw the hassel of changing the temp number they give you on all of her records

    Answer by Dom123123 at 3:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2009