ss cards?

can i apply for medicaid for my baby if i havent received her ss card ?

avigrl88

Asked by avigrl88 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Health

• You cant hurry along the ss office! Believe me. Anyway, yes you can apply & they can just put the number in later when you get it. You just have to prove you applied for. I dont understand why ppl are assuming its such a "hassle". All they will say is to call when you have it & tell them the number! How is that a hassle? You do have to apply in person though. They need to see your ID & proof of residency & such.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• no
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yes, you can. All my babies were added with a temporary ID # until their SS # came through. You will need the crib card or some other proof that baby was born. They will ask you to come in and make a copy of the card when you get it.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yes or no. I'd say it's easier to have your SS# first because you don't have to change it later.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 3:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yep....it takes a little time to come in, but they will want it as soon as you recieve the number
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 3:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• so can i do it online or do i have to go to the office?
    avigrl88

Answer by avigrl88 at 3:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• its best to hurry and get he SS## BECAUSE THEN you dont have to go threw the hassel of changing the temp number they give you on all of her records
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2009