What is it like being a single mom?

I seem to be headed in that direction.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• well u ca do anything without the ball and chains.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• It's different for everyone. I found it easier in some ways and harder in others than parenting with a partner. You don't have to compromise on the things that are important to you about parenting or argue with anyone about it. But you have to do it all yourself. There are a lot of resources out there to help you with the financial end of things.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I found it to be wonderful. But then I had just gotten out of a very controlling and emotionally abusive relationship - so it was just nice to be free and away. I really enjoyed doing what I wanted and what I thought was best for the children without having to compromise/consult with anyone else. Yes, it's hard financially and sometimes it would have been nice to have someone to lean on, but I didn't have help with finances or a strong shoulder when I was married either so it's not like I missed it.

Answer by missanc at 7:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• It's like juggling 4 balls while balancing on a unicycle...it's very difficult.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:49 PM on Sep. 10, 2009