did yours roll in bed

omg now that he can roll over he has been doing it in hes bassinet. He halfway rolls over until he is on his tummy a and his upper body on his side. his face is like 2 inches from the bassinet. i dont know what to do with him he will not sleep on his back now and this scares me i dont want him to suffocate himself his crib is upstairs and our room is on the main level and we dont have a baby monitor so we dont want to put him in hes crib yet any ideas oh yeah and he is 4 months

Asked by lillahine at 5:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son never slept well on his back. he was either on his side or his tummy. i knew he would never suffacate himself because he hates stuff being in his face and will freakout! at four months he should be holding his head up. if he is able to roll around and hold his head steady you can not control what possition he sleeps in. let him sleep in whatever possition is comfortable for him.

Answer by LauraLeeTo at 11:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• They do sell baby positioners that are like wedges to put behind the little ones to prevent them from rolling. It is scary, I know, but remember this most infant deaths are caused because the baby rolls over and cannot roll back. If you little one is all over the place are in good shape! take care.

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 5:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I would say he is too big for a bassinet! And he is beginning to become aware of his surroundings at 4 months of age, so it would be wise to get him up in his crib. Is it possible to leave the doors to both your bedrooms open so you can hear him if he cries? If you are still weary about that, maybe you could move his crib into your bedroom until you get the moniters!

Answer by schmoo_mommy at 9:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I think your son is alittle to big for the bassinet and should be moved into his crib but don't use the sleep positioners because they are not safe for baby and could suffocate you baby. I stop putting my son in his bassinet at 4 months and move him into his own crib and he has plenty of room to move around and roll.

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2008