When should I start to get nervous?

Big heads run on my DH's side of the family, only for boys though. So when I had my DD I didnt worry about it, but not that we are having a boy I find myself stressing about how I will push a big headed baby out lol. Should I worry or is this just stupid? My DD's head was normal size, but again its only with the boys in the family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My second son's head was 16" around. Which is bigger than avg. I agree with everything already said here. I wouldn't worry about it. Make sure you request oils, warm compresses and such at the birth.
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 3:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about it...it's amazing how far the body will stretch.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Calm down and relax. Don't think about it right now. DH and I both have big heads and now my kids are big heads too, but they came out fine when I had each of them. You'll do just fine and actually newborn's head actually is still a little bit soft to shape which mean it will squezze out just fine.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 3:33 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Don't get nervous, there's no point. I've had 3 babies and there was a big difference both in size and in head circumfrence between my smallest and my biggest. It didn't hurt any more to have a big baby than it did to have a small one.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i think you are being silly ;) but don't worry, so was I. my husband has a big head so i was a little worried, and then my son had a 75th percentile head, but all was fine. i had a drug-free birth and only a minor tear.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• This is purely coincidental and it won't do you any good to worry about it. It's pretty silly.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 3:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• RELAX!!! YOR TEBSION WILL ONLY AMKE LABOR WORSE
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:09 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• we all worry about silly things that at the time seem really serious when preg, dont we?. my advice is, talk the concerns over with ob, say"ok worst case scenerio, head is really large, what will we do with that?" then you are informed and will know what to expect and that any situation is prepared for. I worry less when I have all the info. But personally hon, try not to worry. Our bodies are made to stretch, and you can do this! Not to mention...prolly wont even be an issue so try to relax and enjoy all the quiet moments you can before the lil one comes. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• There is no reason to worry about a thing!

The baby's bones will "mold" they fold in.
    Your bones (pelvis is not one fixed bone) will spread apart, especially with a squat! (Baby can be 33% bigger and still fit through when mom squats!)
    You can stay upright and work with gravity to move-wriggle baby down through.

NO problem.
    :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:56 PM on Sep. 10, 2009