How much does a divorce cost in TX?

There will be no court involved. We have settled custody, CS, separation of property.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• http://www.lawhelp.org/

you can print the papers out from this website and pay the filing fees
    beth214201986

Answer by beth214201986 at 3:35 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• If I recall correctly, it was about $150 or $175. Good for you two for settling everything amicably out of court!
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 4:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• You cannot get a divorce in most states where children and real property are involved without an attorney. There are also classes you have to take regarding Children of Divorce. Call an attorney and ask how much it will cost.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I know for a fact in TExas as this is where I am from you do not need an attorney you can file for yourself and they encourage you to figure all that out out of court and yes you do have to take a class for the children but it is more like a survey and you pay 50 dollars a person and then when you are done you pring something out and mail it in and then you get your certifaction saing you completed the test and when you both have submitted the certifaction to the court then they will proceed on signing the final decree of divorce and I know this because a good friend to me was going through one and they done it themseleves and he never done his test thing and they never got divorce and wound up getting back together and I got served divorce papers and I used the www.lawhelp.org for my answer so I know you can do it yourself I mean what are they going to do if you cant afford a lawyer ya know. they are expensive
    beth214201986

Answer by beth214201986 at 8:51 AM on Sep. 14, 2009