Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I apply for food stamps and WIC while I am still living with my husband? I plan on being out of here by the 1st?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (3)
  • you should wait until you are seperate and living seperatly because you most likely wont get anything if he makes too much because they will count his income if you live together

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

  • Yes tell them you are separating and when

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

  • I'm sorry to say this. But while you are living with him you must count he's pay. So if he make's to much you can't get it. Not until you move out can they help you. Kinda like they don't care my husband is getting laid off this coming week. We have to wait until he is. Then we can apply for all that good stuff. Really it's a pain in the butt too.

    Answer by Mesofrog at 4:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.