Uterus measuring large?

I went to the doctor yesterday and according to the dates we had I am 17 weeks and 4 days, but I measured 22cm. I don't think I could be a full four weeks further along than we though, maybe two, but even that is iffy. So has this happened to anybody else? Were you further along than you thought or did you just have a monster uterus?:) They scheduled me for an u/s on the 23rd, but of course I'm just being impatient. Sooo lets hear it...

shawneewaiting

Asked by shawneewaiting at 3:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My uterus measured large too. We knew the exact day that we had conceived, so we knew we were not miscalculating how many weeks pregnant I was. It is pretty common and I would not worry about it. If your uterus is measuring big, it doesn't mean you will have a larger than average baby. Don't worry. If you really had a problem with the uterus size ( and I doubt that you will ) your doctor will tell you, and he/she will be able to tell you what they can do.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 3:58 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• At 17 weeks those measurements are not accurate. After 24 weeks is when you start measuring in centimeters about how far along you are in weeks.

Also, there are many reasons to measure large. A lot of amniotic fluid, twins, a large baby, or (most commonly) just your body being different.

You don't have anything to worry about :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yes, sometimes I would measure a few centimeters ahead~ up until the very end when I would drop.
    No biggie.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:49 PM on Sep. 10, 2009