when can i give my baby whole cooked vegs?

like small bits of carrots and green beans? she has no teeth but doesnt like the mushed stuff she wants to feed her self. she is only 7 months, im just s oscared she will choke,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• as long as you cook them till soft where they will mash between your fingers, she will be able to mash it with her gums.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 3:49 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• If she wants to feed herself, then let her. Just be sure it's cooked really well so it's mushable, and cut it up in small pieces to minimize the choking risk. And hover over her at first if it makes you feel better, so you'll be right there if something does happen. You'll both get the hang of it after a little while, and it will be so nice to be able to eat your own meals and not have to feed the baby. :-)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:55 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Good gravy. Why do so many people seem to think teeth matter? They don't chew with their front teeth!

Dice it up and put it on a plate for her. Put the plate in front of her and guide her hands if she can't pick it up by herself yet. Let her eat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I think they (the "professionals") are saying now to wait until they're at least 8 months old, but my kids were eating table foods around 6 months. I say GO FOR IT! Make sure it's really soft, diced small, and of course, keep an eye on her.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 8:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2009