Can the nicotine patch help me lose weight?

I don't smoke, but tried an 8th of a nicotine patch today and have not been hungry at all. Is this all in my head or is there something to this? Anyone tried this? I don't need to catch greif here, I am sure it is no worse than diet pills, thoughts?

expectoct

Asked by expectoct at 3:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Nicotine slows the metabolism and dulls the senses. You may as well smoke as that is what you are doing to your body. Once you quit using the patch, you will taste things better and thus you will over eat.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:49 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• You are better off trying to do the small meals throughout the day and maybe a meal plan like Jenny Craig. Believe me, I just quit smoking (YAY TO ME!!!!) and I would never do what you are doing. The patch can also cause high blood pressure, heart palpiltations and stroke if used improperly. JMO!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 3:57 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• If you want to try a patch for fat loss try the Jen Fe Fat loss patch.  It is healthy for you it is a all natural product that will suppress the appetite you will have less cravings, plus it give you more energy if you want to look into it.  http://www.thepatchthatpays.com.   I can not imagine where the nicotine patch would be good for you. 

patchthatpays

Answer by patchthatpays at 5:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Diets and diet aids are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or would like meal suggestions.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:16 AM on Sep. 12, 2009