UGH!

My son is 3. He keeps pouring his water from his sippy into his ears!! How much water can actually get in there? Should I be worried about an infection?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i wouldnt worry too much unless he's prone to ear infections. its the same as bath time and water gets in there. or swimming for that matter. it prob just feels funny so he keeps doing it. if he does this a lot then like once a week take some peroxide and put in his ear while he lays on his side (he'll prob think the bubbles are funny in there). It'll help get stuff out of his ears.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I've never heard of putting peroxide in their ears? Does that really work?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I have heard they can get a fungus infection, but I really dont know. I know it feels funny so I can see a kid doing it, better water than food or rocks or god knows what else in his ears.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 4:14 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Please do not put anything in your child's ears. If you are really concerned, take him to an ENT. I wouldn't worry about it myself, but please, if you are worried, you will not help by putting anything in his ears. Take him to the doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Sep. 11, 2009