ER or Urgent Care?

I have Interstitial Cystitis (a painful bladder condition) and I am having issues....TONS of pain, urinating every 30 minutes, leaking urine, etc. I can't get into my urologist until next month and my GP can't see me until next week. Do you think urgent care could help me or do I need to go to the ER?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Health

• Your GP can't write you something KNOWING your condition?? Seems strange to me I would call them back. The ER and urgent care are going to tell you to see your health care professional.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I would call urgent care and ask for a dr or nurse to call you back. tell them whats going on and see what they say. no harm in asking.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 4:07 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My GP is kinda mean about calling in meds without seeing her (hence the reason she is so busy). I've just been dealing with it but its to the point where I am crying when I urinate. Thanks for the suggestion, I will call and see what they say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• urgent care. They will be able to give you a script or send you for tests or whatnot without the high bills of the er and are usually happy to see you for cases like this. If its painful enough to make it hard to sleep, then go to er.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 4:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• when were you diagnosed.?ever since i had myf irst child i have had the same symptoms i pee solike every 15 mts and my lowe abdomen alwyas hurts i leak urine and if i couch,snezee or laugh i pee. and i get horrible pains around ,y bladder like some one is stabbing me. but my doc said i jst ahd an overactive bladder. but am always in pain
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I was diagnosed about 6 years ago but it was under control until not too long ago.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2009