Does smoking pot make you a bad parent?

I am not going to post my opinion because I don't want to waiver the answers any, I just want to know what other moms think. As a parent I am refering to both parents, mom or dad (or both).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'm with a lot of the people on here saying it is illegal.
    The point isn't that they should have their kids taken away, but it is that they COULD have their kids taken away. To me it is not worth risking losing my kids.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 6:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• yes to me personally it does
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:12 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• No more than smoking cigs. All is fare in moderation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• No. But smoking it near them or in the same house, or while you are actively in charge of their safety makes you pretty dumb, and irresponsible.

ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:14 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I forgot to add that I do not view medical MJ the same as recreational use.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:14 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i dont think it does. if you want smoke a joint after you kids go to sleep to relax then so be it. kids breathing second hand smoke it far worse than pot. on top of that why would drinking be okay to do around your kids but not smoking pot? how many people does alchol kill each year? vs. how many people does smoking pot each year kill? none smoking pot doesnt kill anyone. when you drink you do stupid stuff..when you smoke pot you just raid the fridge. big deal. if smoking pot makes you a bad parent then drinking make you a horrible parent. pot should be legal if alchol is
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

Post also apparently makes it very hard for a person to type, use any grammar or spell.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Pot (correction)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• The reason pot isn't legal is because it stays in your fatty cells and can be released any time you have an adrenaline rush or you exercise. So basically you could have smoke pot two days ago, then almost get in a car wreck, and instantly you are high again. The way I see it is regardless of how anyone FEELS about it, pot is illegal, why in the world would you risk losing your children just so you can have/smoke pot ?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

^---i agree!
    My opinion : Nahh ... i dont agree w/someone smoking while the kids are home , or while your the sole caretaker ... or smoking near them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Sep. 10, 2009