Kindergartener that hates school?

My son started kindregarten 3 weeks ago. After about the first 3 days we have been having problems! He doesn't want to go. We tell him at bed time 'tomorrow is a school day' and he flips out about how he hates school and doesn't want to go. The next morning it is a wrestling match to get him dressed and in the car...once he get there (to school or the bus stop) he seems fine. He is doing 'okay' in school. His teachers seem mostly pleased with his behavior. (He has talking to much issues) His weekly reports come home very middle of the road as far as how well he is preforming in class academically... Some of the stuff I know he can do and just isn't. He has them somewhat hoodwinked. I just don't know what to do to help him like going to school. We have tried to make it fun. He has an awesome teacher! They get ice cream on Thurs. PE twice a week. Recess every day...What's not to like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Thats what I was wondering too. maybe there are kids who tease him there. for some reason or other. Talk to his teacher and find out if thats the problem have her make sure he's not being teased. or see if he's having trouble with something else in sc hool. you know check with his teachers. They like it when parents are involved .with their kids.well being.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Well, was he home with you before? It could be the lack of one on one attention..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Nope he went to 5 day pre-k last year. We had the same problem. Before pre-k he was in 4 day a week day care (1/2 days)...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• How old is he? Could he benefit by doing preschool again? My guess is, this is just a transitory time. If he's still hating it in three or four months, then I'd do something. My son didn't love K and doesn't seem to love grade one but he goes.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Are there bullies in his class? Maybe something is bothering him. You could always homeschool. I'm HSing my son in Kindergarten, it's not as hard as people think, especially at this age.
    JerbysMom

Answer by JerbysMom at 5:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2009